Are you looking for a tutorial to root Motorola G Play? Then you have come to the correct place, since i will tell you how to root this device in minutes. Keep reading this guide and you have a rooted smartphone at the end.
information About Motorola G Play
Motorola G of Play is named among the top quality 4th latest generation smartphones available on the market. It owns a 5,5 inch touchscreen with resolution of 720 x 1280 pixel resolution. It is powered by 1.2 GHz quad-core e 2 GB of RAM. This phone runs on Android 6.0.1 operating system. The storage capacity of this smartphone is 32 GB which can be extended using an SD card.
the Benefits of Motorola G Play Rooting
Below are some of the rooting benefits of Motorola G Play. Let's find out first.
- You can install Custom Recovery and Custom Rom.
- It is easy to uninstall any application you want, including system apps.
- You can upgrade to the latest version of Android.
- After rooting the phone, you can easily install apps from outside the Play Store.
- Processor speed and battery life can be improved.
The warranty of your Motorola G Play will be voided after the rooting process. You need to think carefully before starting this tutorial. Follow all the steps in this rooting tutorial or your device will be brick.
Get Everything Ready
- Install Motorola USB Driver on your computer.
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot installation on the computer.
- make sure your smartphone has sufficient battery power to complete the process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your smartphone.
- Make a backup of your personal data.
Tutorial Per Root Motorola G Play
We need to unlock the bootloader on Motorola G Plus before starting the rooting process. So let's try to unlock it first by following the steps mentioned below.
Unlock Bootloader On Motorola G Play
- Turn off your smartphone and reboot into ADB Mode by pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.
- Connect the smartphone to the computer.
- Launch the ADB and Fastboot Command Prompt window. Give the following command and press Enter.
- write the following command and press Enter.
“fastboot oem get_unlock_data”
- You will see a string of data in the command prompt window. Copy this string and paste it into notepad.
- Remove string and line spaces.
- Open Motorola Official to Unlock the Bootloader website.
- Scroll down the page and click on the Next option.
- log in using your existing account or create a new account, by clicking on the registration option.
- Paste the string into the field 6 and click the Accept button.
- You will soon receive an email with an unlock key.
- Open the command prompt window and give the following command
"Fastboot oem unlock your unlock code"
. You have unlocked the bootloader on your Motorola G Play. The smartphone is ready for the rooting process, so let's get started.
After unlocking the bootloader on your Motorola G Play, you can flash SuperSU to complete the rooting process. Let's try to do it in a few minutes.
- Download SuperSU zip file.
- Transfer of SuperSU zip files to the internal memory of your smartphone.
- Start smartphone in Fastboot Mode.
- Install SuperSU.
- After finishing the installation, restart the smartphone.
Congratulations! You have successfully completed the Motorola G Root Tutorial from Play. Go ahead and use the Root Checker App to confirm the rooting of status.